The Epidemiology Of The Denver Noise Fester
Audio With External Links Item Preview
- Taped Rugs Productions, Charles Rice Goff III, C. Goff III, Denver Noise Fest, Colorado, 2010, Experimental, Noise, Avant Garde, Fluxus, Improvisation, Improv, Sound Collage, Cassette Culture, Casio, Circuit Bending, Circuit Bent, Biofeedback, Tapegerm, Tapegerm Collective, Hannah Galli, Carpet Glue Unlimited, Swami Loopynanda, 10 Year Infection Project, for fans of John Cage, for fans of Karlheinz Stockhausen, for fans of Laurie Anderson, for fans of The Residents, for fans of Brian Eno, Mills College, Sound Sculpture, for fans of Frank Zappa
by Charles Rice Goff III
2) In The Crypts Of Jejunum
3) Leptospiral Jaundice
4) Purulent Exudate
On May 1st, 2010, C. Goff III performed at the Denver Noise Fest (DNF), held at the Old Curtis Street Bar in Denver, Colorado, USA. He rehearsed for this performance several times at the Taped Rugs Productions Studio in Kansas City, Kansas. While to Goff's knowledge, no recording of his May 1st performance exists, Goff did record all of his rehearsals. Upon returning to Kansas City after his May 1st performance, he compiled the DNF-related audio collection presented here.
Goff employed the collection of instruments and non-instruments listed below in his May 1st performance and in most of his rehearsals:
Modified Casio PT-82 keyboard
Modified Casio SA-5 keyboard
Modified Casio KA-20 keyboard
Micronta Portable Biofeedback Monitor
Yamaha FX 500 effects unit
Boss RC 20X Loop Station loop duplicator
Grundig Yacht Boy 400 portable shortwave radio.
Some specifics about the recordings in this collection:
1) "Incubation" was produced during Goff's very first DNF rehearsal, recorded on March 4th, 2010. The Grundig shortwave radio was not incorporated into this session. Goff's next three rehearsals, which took place on March 5th, March 7th, and March 13th, were recorded and released by Taped Rugs on the CDR albums listed below:
"Hypothesis Ash Spot"
"Curfew Shall Not Ring"
2) "In The Crypts Of Jejunum" is an improvisation recorded on April 12th, 2010, for which Goff employed the following battery of instruments:
Korg R3 Vocoder Synthesizer
Micromoog Analog Synthesizer
Ibanez DM 1000 Digital Delay
Boss RC 20X Loop Station Loop Duplicator
Portable Cassette Deck
Several of the audio loops that were created with the Boss Loop Duplicator during Goff's March rehearsals were incorporated into this live improvisation.
3) "Leptospiral Jaundice" was created for the Tapegerm Collective's Ten Year Anniversary Celebration and was posted on the Tapegerm website (www.tapegerm.com) in May of 2010. Goff assembled "Leptospiral Jaundice" thus:
A: A 30-minute-long DNF rehearsal recording from April 22nd, 2010, was cleaned and divided into several parts of unequal length.
B: The several parts were randomly distributed over several overlapping tracks on a computer recording program grid. The overall length of the mix was reduced from 30 minutes to about 10 minutes.
C: Several vocal loops produced by sound artist Hannah Galli were added to the recording grid, each on its own track, each looped 10 times and positioned at regular 30-second intervals.
D: One sound loop produced by Carpet Glue Unlimited was reproduced 10 times, and each of these 10 loops was placed at strategic positions in the recording grid.
E: The whole was mixed together.
4) Goff created "Purulent Exudate" by mixing together all of the half-hour-long recordings of his DNF rehearsals from April 23rd, April 25th, April 26th, April 27th, and April 28th. Because all of these recordings were monophonic, Goff panned the individual tracks to create the stereo mix presented here. Goff performed no other editing on the individual tracks and no additional sound effects were added to the final mix.
NOTE: A video documentation of some of the performances (but not Goff's) from the Denver Noise Fest is archived at the link below:
by Taped Rugs Productions
Related Music question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
- 2010-05-14 16:38:41
- ABBYY FineReader 9.0
Uploaded by Taped Rugs Productions on